The calculator on this page will help you determine the calorie values for any serving of milk, including various kinds of dairy milk and milk alternatives.
Milk Calorie Calculator
You can use this calculator to work the calorie content (in kcal) for many kinds of milk and milk alternatives, including:
- Cows milk (1%/skimmed, 2%/semi-skimmed or whole milk)
- Goats milk (whole)
- Nut milk – various kinds (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Non-dairy nut-free milk alternatives (sweetened or unsweetened)
Select your milk type and measurement preference and input the amount to get started:
Please note this calculator is based on official calorie data extracted from the UDSA FoodData Central (see the bottom of this page for source links). Milk calories can vary between brands and depending on the fat content and additional ingredients such as sugar.
Milk Calorie Comparisons
If you’re looking to find out more about the lowest and highest calorie milk, the table below shows the calorie content per cup (240g) for most types, including milk alternatives.
|Milk Type||Calories Per 100g||Calories Per Cup (240ml/8.4fl oz)|
|Cashew Milk (Unsweetened)||10kcal||25kcal|
|Almond Milk (Unsweetened)||19kcal||46kcal|
|Coconut Milk (Unsweetened)||19kcal||46kcal|
|Flax Milk (Unsweetened)||19kcal||46kcal|
|Macadamia Milk unsweetened||21kcal||50kcal|
|Flax Milk (Regular Sweetened)||23kcal||55kcal|
|Macadamia Milk (Regular Sweetened)||29kcal||70kcal|
|Pea milk (unsweetened)||29kcal||70kcal|
|Almond Milk (Regular Sweetened)||30kcal||72kcal|
|Soy Milk (Light)||30kcal||72kcal|
|Coconut Milk (Regular)||31kcal||74kcal|
|0% Fat-Free Skim Milk (cows)||34kcal||82kcal|
|1% Fat Milk (cows)||43kcal||103kcal|
|Soy Milk (Regular)||43kcal||103kcal|
|Oat Milk (Unsweetened)||48kcal||115kcal|
|2% Fat Milk (cows)||50kcal||120kcal|
|Rice Milk (Original)||50kcal||120kcal|
|Pistachio Milk (Original)||50kcal||120kcal|
|Oat Milk (Regular)||52kcal||125kcal|
|3.25% Fat Whole Milk (Cows)||61kcal||146kcal|
|Goats Milk (Whole)||69kcal||166kcal|
Here are some key takeaways from this milk calorie comparison:
- Unsweetened cashew nut is the lowest calorie milk alternative, which contains just 25kcal per cup.
- Unsweetened milk made from nuts or seeds tends to be the lowest calorie milk option, with most being 70kcal or less per cup.
- The highest-calorie dairy milk is whole (full-fat) cow’s or goat’s milk.
- The highest calorie dairy milk alternatives are sweetened rice milk or regular oat milk – these are also available in unsweetened versions, which are lower calorie alternatives.
- The lowest calorie cow’s milk (fat-free skim) contains more calories than most kinds of nut milk and other milk alternatives.
More Milk Related Articles
I hope this article has helped you to find the information you were looking for; you might also find the following articles helpful too:
This page is part of a series of helpful articles related to milk weights, servings, and conversions, the links below will take you to the other articles in this series:
References Used for this Article
To ensure the nutritional information used in this article is accurate, I have used data from The USDA FoodData Central; the links below contain the source information: